
Best: Dior, $2,700.
Why? Because – like a mortgage – you will have this amazing bag for the next 30 years of your life. That equals an investment of roughly $0.25 a day. Doesn’t sound like much when you put it that way, does it? Side note: I think this bag would look even better in black, which it comes in, but couldn’t find a picture of online.

Worst (Tie): Both Dian von Furstenburg, $ 875 (left), $725 (below).
Why? You might think that I photo-shopped two handbags that I found on a clearance rack at a flea market onto a Bergdorf backdrop, but I assure you that I did not. These little gems are from DVF's latest collection titled, “Fast Times at Ridgemont (you must be) High (to buy one of these hideous handbags).”

Best and Worst Ways to Spend a Fortune on Fashion is a pretty self-explanatory series on the good, the bad, and the ugly of haute couture.
No comments:
Post a Comment